Wednesday, September 1, 2010

On our way to tolerance

Two days ago I bought Crystal Renn's Hungry at WH Smith on Rue de Rivoli. I've always been interested in model's journey from normal life to, well, model life I guess! I had prepared myself for some sort of diary but really, it has nothing to do with that! First of all, the book was full of statistics, results from searches, of numbers, studies... It was more than a book, it was a very well put together mix of facts and feelings. I learned a lot about, not only the closed minded modeling world (I'm not putting the whole industry in the same boat, and I'm only talking about the physical part, not creative part) but also the definition of fat/overweight/obese that's not at all what it should be. I'm not going to repeat everything I read so I'll stop there, but really it's a very interesting book. I think why I like it is because it's a mix of personal point of view (how Crystal Renn became severely anorexic for example) and proven facts (like the fact that not AT ALL 65% of Americans are fat).



HUNGRY by Crystal Renn and Marjorie Ingall, $25.00, 27,50 euros available at WH Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment