Saturday, October 2, 2010

Rick Owens this spring

I usually don't like Rick Owens, I find it too gothic, too unwearable, too uncontrolled but not in the sexy, wild way. I'm just not usually attracted to his clothes. But this morning I went on style.com and decided to check the spring collection anyway. And I was blown away! By the simplicity of everything, by the spacey elegance of the dresses, by the rigidity of the cuts, the unique lines and forms of the garnments. The colors were taken from a neutral palette, as usual : dominant black, gray, taupe and white. But it was great because definitely in our time : right when minimalism has made its way back into our wardrobes, Rick Owens is a must. The hair and makeup too were amazing because they really stuck to Rick Owen's usual style, without being repetitive though. I love the alienish hair accessories. Owen's fashion always has little touches of space and fiction, I think it's the maison's signature. And designers who can be recognized like THAT are good. Very good.


Uliana Tikhova


Karlie Kloss


Frida Gustavsson


Kasia Struss


Vlada Roslyakova


Melissa Tammerijn


Uliana Tikhova


Yulia Kharlaponova



all photos from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment